Thursday 27 September 2012

More Mad Hatters: When Treacy met Moritz

images from Waldemeyer

Following Elle's review of Bates Hats, my madhatter's tea party, and our general obsession with hats, I thought I would do a brief post on Hatspiration (bad coinage, I know).

My mad hat exposure reached a new height when I started working designer-engineer Moritz Waldemeyer when I was 18 (see here) ... look at me in this Chalayan hat...


Recently, during LFW, the mad hattage went beyond a joke. When LED lighting maestro Moritz met milliner Philip Treacy, a luminous helicopter hat was the only logical conclusion.

images from Waldemeyer

And that wasn't the only trick up Treacy's sleeve...
Images from Waldemeyer

 My personal favourite (aside from the heli-hat)...

Images from Waldemeyer

If I do another madhatter's tea party, I know what I want for my birthday, ahem ahem...

Meanwhile, for a spot of (just) affordable mad hattery, how about this Paul Smith ladies' bowler.

Images stolen from Paul Smith website...


Hats, mad hats, mad hatter, Philip treacy, moritz waldemeyer, Philip Treacy and moritz waldemeyer, luminous hats, glow in the dark hats, milliner, hats LFW 2012, hats London fashion week 2012, Hats, mad hats, mad hatter, Philip treacy, moritz waldemeyer, Philip Treacy and moritz waldemeyer, luminous hats, glow in the dark hats, milliner, hats LFW 2012, hats London fashion week 2012, Hats, mad hats, mad hatter, Philip treacy, moritz waldemeyer, Philip Treacy and moritz waldemeyer, luminous hats, glow in the dark hats, milliner, hats LFW 2012, hats London fashion week 2012, elleandflo, elle and flo, elle and flo sisters, elleandflo blog, elle and flo blog, elleandflo.blogspot.co.uk, elleandflo.blogspot.com, elleandflo, elle and flo, elle and flo sisters, elleandflo blog, elle and flo blog, elleandflo.blogspot.co.uk, elleandflo.blogspot.com, flo and elle, flo and elle blog, floandelle blog, flo and elle blogspot, floandelle.blogspot.com, floandelle.blogspot.co.uk flo and elle sisters, sisters blog, flo and elle, flo and elle blog, floandelleblog, flo and elle blogspot,