Monday 29 August 2016

Available for Hire: Ferdie's Food Lab








I first met Simon (a.k.a. Ferdie) when I was trawling through grubclub looking for a chef to host my birthday. As soon as we spoke, he won me over with his humour and down to earth style, focusing on bold flavours and sharing dishes. 


We began designing a menu together right away and settled upon five savoury courses leaving me to come up with dessert.




The food was fantastic and I had so much fun I forgot to take proper photos (always a good sign)... But here are some of the highlights...

My very own thrifty table decorations consisting of a £2 tube of gold acrylic, three £1 pineapples and leaves from the garden!




Incredibly delicious Vietnamese carrot salad with Thai basil and shredded chicken. So so good




Beetroot cured salmon with horseradish parfait and orange candy







Slow cooked pigs cheeks in a crackling crumb served with a herb and lime sauce and afghan bread

Pork loin with a passion fruit gravy 





My birthday cake (as in I made it - sad, I know), a dense chocolate and hazelnut cake served with milk ice-cream





My photography skills rapidly deteriorating...




Simon was great fun to work with and utterly recommended. If you don't have any private parties coming up, you can eat his marvellous food at the London Cooking Project in Battersea. I went for the first time last week and had an excellent time getting (too) drunk and eating incredible food. Review of that coming soon...