Thursday 20 December 2012

Wrapping up pretty



I am a big fan of packaging. I will often buy more expensive make up not because I necessarily believe the product is better (the likes of L’Oreal are huge profitable companies so arguably have much bigger testing and innovation budgets) but because I have to look at the packaging every day and the prettier it is, the happier it makes me. When it comes to Christmas, I like to make a real tradition out of wrapping my presents prettily with layers of different papers, scraps of wallpaper, particularly nice packaging I have saved from something I have been given, ribbons and so on.   The effect is slightly kimono-like with the different textiles and ribbon ‘sash.’

I believe it makes my gifts feel more special and carefully prepared. I also hope to give people a real sense of indulgence when they rip through something put together just for them.   

Here is a quick inspiration post about how I am wrapping up this Christmas.

Step 1. Buy gifts
Step 2. Get together a collection of papers – sometimes brown paper and some more elaborate papers can look nice and crafty, sometimes I even use a bit of newspaper or a slice of a graphic advert from a magazine. I also use up wallpaper cuttings left from interior design shoots I have worked on but you can also get these or some wallpaper samples cheaply from some interior design shops. You don’t need so much of the elaborate papers if you use a nice plain one as your base.



Step 3. Wrap the present in your base paper.

Step 4. Layer your papers in a way that you are pleased with, cut them and sellotape them around.

Step 5. Tie your ribbon around it and curl with scissors if using that type of ribbon. 




Flo and Elle Christmas, Flo and Elle wrapping paper, Flo and Elle Christmas wrapping, Flo and Elle wrapping up pretty, Flo and Elle Christmas, Flo and Elle wrapping paper, Flo and Elle Christmas wrapping, Flo and Elle wrapping up pretty, Flo and Elle Christmas, Flo and Elle wrapping paper, Flo and Elle Christmas wrapping, Flo and Elle wrapping up pretty, Food blog, food blog recipes, foodie, foodie blog recipes, London food blog, best London food blogs, best London based food blogs, London based food blogs, food blog recipes, foodie, foodie blog recipes, London food blog, best London food blogs, best London based food blogs, London based food blogs,  recipe, flo and elle recipe, flo recipe, elle recipe, flo blog recipe, elle blog recipe, dinner party recipe, elleandflo, elle and flo, elle and flo sisters, elleandflo blog, elle and flo blog, elleandflo.blogspot.co.uk, elleandflo.blogspot.com, elleandflo, elle and flo, elle and flo sisters, elleandflo blog, elle and flo blog, elleandflo.blogspot.co.uk, elleandflo.blogspot.com, flo and elle, flo and elle blog, floandelle blog, flo and elle blogspot, floandelle.blogspot.com, floandelle.blogspot.co.uk flo and elle sisters, sisters blog, flo and elle, flo and elle blog, floandelle blog, flo and elle blogspot,